Christin Staszesky Harper has been a Yoga practitioner and teacher for over 20 years. She is a certified 500hr teacher, an E-RYT 200hr teacher training instructor in both yoga and partner yoga facilitating public and private sessions. She is also the yoga instructor for the Houston Astros major league baseball team both in and off season.
“I took my first yoga class at the age of 18, and was instantly hooked. Yoga taught me how to become friends with my own body in a way I had never imagined or experienced before. It has continued to serve as a navigational tool and ‘candle in the window’ to help guide me through all of my life’s triumphs and challenges.
My principal interest is the therapeutic nature of yoga. I believe yoga heals when practiced with integrity, alignment and an open hearted willingness to experience one’s body as sacred. I enjoy working with people of all shapes and sizes and all levels of proficiency; and especially those who have a desire or yearning to practice yoga but believe that they cannot because they are too inflexible, too broken or too lost.
Allow me the opportunity to share with you a new paradigm for practicing yoga that is both accessible and challenging, regardless of level, beginner or advanced.” ~ Christin
- The Prana Ride ~ Wednesday’s at 6:15pm www.pralayayoga.com | This yoga class is contemplative, heart-full and fun, guiding strong beginners and advanced yogis alike, through both traditional and non-traditional yoga postures and sequences. In an atmosphere of acceptance and ease, you will experience a thorough break-down of proper alignment and thoughtful breathing techniques. This class will slowly, safely and deeply allow you to strengthen your body while deepening your connection to your heart, mind and soul. Come join us and discover a new paradigm for practice. Be prepared to enjoy yourself.
- The Sunday Practice ~ Once a month Sundays from 10am – Noon
- Play Shops ~ 2-3 hour Workshop Style Intensives usually on Saturdays
- Teacher Training ~ www.sacredartyoga.com
“Christin is one of the best in Houston. Her insightful and skillfully crafted classes inspire students to deepen and explore each breath, movement and pose and teaches them to discover and experience a way of practicing that is simultaneously exquisite, luxurious, challenging and fun!” ~ Raye Lynn Rath – Owner of The Yoga Institute | Houston and Clearlake and Co-owner of Sacred Art Yoga for Teacher Training, Workshops and Retreats
“Today’s class was unique, fun, and empowering. I feel like I have new powerful limbs. I was able to maintain focus and breathe throughout the entire practice . My heart opened; that is a win for me! Thank you for being a genuine artist and sharing your practice.” ~ Stacy
- Private Sessions ~ I am available for private and semi-private individualized yoga sessions tailored directly to your needs.
“My private sessions with Christin are a highlight of my week! Christin has an innate ability to read what my body is needing on any given day. Her body awareness belies her years! No matter what is on the menu du jour, I am always left feeling grounded, open and relaxed! Forever grateful for my time with Christin.” ~ T
Click to enlarge photos